It can happen – one day you get a tattoo that you admire, but down the line, you don’t love it the same way you once did. Getting permanent ink on your skin is a big commitment, but tattoo removal procedures make it easier to reverse that decision. Dr. Jeffrey Wise of the Wise Center for Plastic Surgery in NJ understands the frustration of having a tattoo that you don’t want anymore, and he can help.
PicoWay Tattoo Removal is a revolutionary laser treatment that gets rid of even the toughest pigments. Permanent ink doesn’t seem so permanent anymore with the simple and effective tattoo removal treatments provided by the PicoWay laser!
What is PicoWay® Tattoo Removal?
PicoWay® utilizes unique picosecond laser technology to deliver fast, comfortable treatments – more than any other traditional laser tattoo removal solution available. Unlike traditional lasers, PicoWay® delivers energy to the targeted ink in ultra-short pulses that are so fast, they’re measured in picoseconds—that’s one trillionth of a second! The PicoWay laser can even treat notoriously difficult multicolored tattoos and pigmented lesions on the skin for smooth, even-toned complexion.
After 3 treatments. Individual results may vary.
What Makes Tattoos So Difficult to Remove?
- Depth – Ink is injected into the dermis, below the skin, where it’s harder to remove.
- Ink Particle Size – The bigger the ink particle size, the harder it is to remove a tattoo. Traditional laser tattoo removal can be used to break up ink particles making them easier for the body to carry away, but sometimes the remaining ink particles are still too large, even after multiple laser treatments.
- Color -While blues and blacks are easy to treat, other colors such as reds and yellows can be difficult to remove.
- Skin Tone – With most lasers, darker skin tones are harder to treat because too much energy can be absorbed into the skin rather than the targeted ink particles.Not only does this weaken the results, it also increases the risk of injury.
PicoWay Laser Used for Reducing Signs of Aging
Although tattoo removal is the intended purpose of the PicoWay laser, it also has a few alternative uses for those who are free of ink. Pigmented skin lesions are a frustrating sign of aging that can pop up with time or due to sun exposure and other factors. Since the advanced laser targets concentrations of pigment, it can be used to reduce the appearance of lesions.
After 5 treatments. Individual results may vary.
How PicoWay® Tattoo Removal Works
- Before the procedure, a numbing agent is applied to the target area. (Note the tattoo ink prior to the PicoWay® treatment)
- During the treatment the PicoWay® handpiece delivers energy with an extremely precise, high-power laser in extremely short pulses to target ink particles with great impact.
- These pulses shatter the tattoo ink into minuscule particles. Following the PicoWay® treatment, most of the ink particles are removed by the body.
After 5 treatments. Individual results may vary.
Limitations of Traditional Laser Tattoo Removal
- Limited treatment of tattoo colors and types
- Inability to effectively break up ink particles
- Discomfort during treatments
- Certain risks, particularly with darker skin tones
The PicoWay® Difference
- FEW TREATMENTS: FDA cleared for a wide range of tattoos, PicoWay® offers better results in few treatments for different skin types. The laser penetrates deep into the skin to treat even the deepest tattoos and difficult-to-treat pigments.
- FAST RESULTS: With its ultra-fast delivery of concentrated, high-power energy, PicoWay® will shatter even tiny ink particles making it easier for the body to clear the tattoo ink. The groundbreaking laser utilizes three different wavelengths to target pigment in a wide variety of skin tones and textures.
- MINIMIZED RISK: PicoWay’s ultra-short pulses also optimize the delivery of energy to the targeted ink particles ensuring the ink is effectively treated, while the least amount of heat gets transferred into the skin.
- MINIMAL DISCOMFORT: Since PicoWay’s pulses are fast, you’ll feel minimal discomfort throughout the procedure. The device also produces less heat than other forms of tattoo removal, drastically reducing discomfort during the procedure.
Recovery Time After Tattoo Removal
The PicoWay laser is safe and effective, minimizing the need for downtime or rigorous aftercare. Dr. Wise will provide instructions to care for your skin after a treatment session, but you will not need time off work or away from most of your activities. The area may be sensitive, so you should avoid long periods out in the sun. Recovery can vary among patients, but you should be completely healed within a couple weeks of the procedure.
You will likely need a few sessions to fully remove your tattoo depending on its placement, size, and color composition. However, you will notice your tattoo fading after just one treatment, making the PicoWay Laser one of the most effective forms of tattoo removal.
Tattoo Removal in NJ with Dr. Wise
The Wise Center is a comprehensive care facility headed by Dr. Jeffrey Wise. A double-board certified and highly recognized cosmetic surgeon, he is committed to providing quality care to each and every patient. He and his staff of compassionate technicians will help you remove even the toughest tattoos with the PicoWay Laser. If you have an unwanted tattoo, let Dr. Wise boost your self-confidence with safe and effective tattoo removal!